(Advisor Hazardous Substances (Toxicology))
Wellington, New Zealand
Attractive salary + relocation and visa assistance
We are looking for a toxicologist to join our Hazardous Substances Applications team. In this role you will be responsible for the provision of objective specialist expertise and advice on Hazardous Substances as well as involvement in technically complex applications, projects and work programmes. In addition you will contribute to the successful planning and delivery of application decisions from inception to completion, within statutory timeframes and budget. It’s a great time to join us and help make a difference in shaping the future of chemical management in New Zealand as we embark on a number of exciting and future focused initiatives, including a chemical modernisation programme.
What we’re looking for
We want someone who is; proactive, organised, detail-orientated and has experience or an interest in working within legislative frameworks. Previous experience or qualifications in toxicology are a must. Experience working in a fast moving busy regulatory environment would be advantageous. The nature of the work is varied and you will be provided with interesting and challenging opportunities to enhance your career as a regulator. You will be a team player with a positive attitude who enjoys variety and operates with a ‘can do’ attitude.
We are focused on being a proactive regulator and doing good for NZ, while delivering on our customer experience. Our workload is expanding and if you think you’d fit right in, then come and help create the change NZ needs.
Knowledge and experience required
The successful applicant will have:
• A post graduate qualification with relevance in the toxicology field
• Demonstrated ability to understand complicated scientific concepts, judge their validity and provide advice on them
• Experience or demonstrated understanding of being a regulatory scientist
• Ability to analyse complex or technical material and communicate it simply
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Experience in establishing and maintaining good relationships, internally and externally
• To be self motivated, driven to deliver, able to manage multiple tasks and have strong attention to detail
• Capability to familiarise yourself with legislation and regulations, such as the HSNO Act, Health and Safety at Work Act and the ACVM Act
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and partner with others to achieve collective deadlines and objectives
• Appreciation of customer service being key to our role as a proactive regulator.
Experience and understanding of working with hazardous substances and our classification system under the HSNO regime would be considered advantageous, as would experience in regulatory science.
What we can offer you
We have fantastic central city offices on Lambton Quay and offer a range of stimulating professional development and social activities. Check out our website for more information.
Applying for the positions
This is a permanent position located in our Wellington CBD office.
You must be eligible to work and live in New Zealand. The successful candidate will be required to undertake and pass criminal records and credit checks.
To view the position description click here
For additional information please contact our HR Team on email@example.com
Click APPLY to submit your application now.
Applications close at 5pm, Friday 21 September 2018.